home
in

grove and dean insurance - Bad experience

Last post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 4:52 PM by wiseowl100. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, Nov 16 2011, 4:52 PM

Re: grove and dean insurance - Bad experience

I would not trust them! Under Distance Selling Regulations you have a cooling off period if you are dissatisfied with them. Canel the policy, get a note of who you speak to, demand that they refund the premium to your credit card immediately. If they refuse, use Section 75 to claim refund from credit card provider. Report them to Trading Standards.

You have at the very least been misled by them, and they have no excuse.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Nov 16 2011, 2:11 PM

grove and dean insurance - Bad experience

dear all,

I have just come off the phone with someone at this company and want to warn anyone thinking of using them to think twice.

I went through the process of obtaining a quotation and for house and contents insurance and named 4 high value items and mentioned all circumstances etc. Their quote came up as 2nd cheapest so i called them and went through all the details, agreed the terms and items (naming the 4 items of jewellery) and limit amounts and was told that the insurance was agreed and they took my credit card details for £1045

I then told my old company that i would not be renewing.

1 hour later i get a call back from the grove and dean and was told that despite RE-AGREEING EVERYTHING ON THE PHONE, the money supermarket website was giving them false information so they had put down the jewellery as antique furniture and the quote was now £1700 and was that okay?

Insurance is all about trust, would you trust them?

SR
    • Post Points: 20