home
in

Fraud entry on my credit file??? help

Last post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 2:24 PM by Irology. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Tue, Jun 02 2009, 2:24 PM

Re: Fraud entry on my credit file??? help

The "fraud" flag you refer to is actually held by CIFAS and is provided to anyone searching your credit file through Experian, Equifax etc.

There are various types of fraud flags, some more serious than others. Information about this is at www.cifas.org.uk. The FAQ section is very useful.

Please note that credit providers etc are not supposed to automatically reject you due to a CIAS flag but many effectively do just that. To politely contradict George, the credit reference agency can't help you since they are only reporting information held by CIFAS. Your ports of call are as follows:

(1) contact the company which raised the CIFAS flag in writing - its quite possible it is a genuine misunderstanding or error. Ask them to remove it.

(2) if the above fails, there is a dispute process with CIFAS themselves. Again, consult the FAQ section of the CIFAS site for information about how to do this.

I hope that this helps.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, Apr 14 2009, 9:19 AM

Re: Fraud entry on my credit file??? help

have you spoken to experion or equifax? maybe they can help you?

• Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, Apr 07 2009, 12:37 PM

Fraud entry on my credit file??? help

hi,

i checked my credit report this morning and found an entry in the fraud part, CIFAS. I called the finance company who put this on my file and was told it was the new look store card I had applied for at the end of last year, which yes was me. I supplied my add dob name all is correct on the entry????

the lady at the finance comp said there is a good reason the put the flag on my account but would not tell me the reason? I adv it wasnt fraud though it was me i do live at my add ext, she states that if i have my credit report in front of me, which i did have it should be "Glaringly obvoius why they have flagged my file"

Everything looks fine to me, my adresses current and 2 prev are correct, there are no accounts open which arent mine??? I just dont understand what it could be or why she couldnt tel me???

im sooo confused if anyone could let me know anything about these entries, ie how they effect my credit rating/ how i go about disputing the fact its fraudulent or even any suggestions as to how this application can be classed as fraudulent, when i know it was me that made the application.

Im obviously mising something?????

any help would be v much appreciated

• Post Points: 35