home
in

Egg loan PPI

Last post Fri, Oct 19 2012, 12:30 AM by exterminator. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Oct 19 2012, 12:30 AM

Re: Egg loan PPI

Well done !!

Just goes to show that a little perseverance can pay dividends.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Thu, Oct 18 2012, 5:45 PM

Update and a win!

Wrote to Egg on the 12th, received a reply today (wow!)

They've admitted making a mistake, full of apologies and my reclaim has gone from £525 to £1400!!

Absolutely made up, thanks for your advice!
    • Post Points: 50
  •  Thu, Oct 11 2012, 10:32 PM

Firstly - Are you certain that this claimed, 'rebated £872 premium' payment has not been made direct to the debt management company that is handling your affairs. Have you checked?

If not : -

robo1973 - I have the loan statements and I can't see any rebate listed, only payments I made.

You should respond back to egg in writing; asking them to point out the exact date when they claim to have made this rebate to you, where it was made to and to whom any alleged payment was made.

robo1973 - Is there a good chance they are hoping I'd accept and not question it?

It would not be the first time a financial institution has tried it...... nor the last !!!

• Post Points: 20
  •  Thu, Oct 11 2012, 8:23 PM

Egg loan PPI

Hi,
    I've successfully made a PPI reclaim but I'm not sure if what they are offering is correct.

The loan was for £7500 with £872 PPI added to be repayed over the term of the loan.

The loan has been repayed in full but 15 months before the end of the loan term I entered into a debt management plan.

Egg have offered me the interest on the premium paid plus the 8% compensation interest. They are not refunding the £872 premium paid as they claim this was rebated when the PPI was cancelled.

I have the loan statements and I can't see any rebate listed, only payments I made. Arrears were cleared after 6 months and the loan was repayed in the normal loan term (54 months).

The Egg loan PPI claim number is now fully automated and I can't speak to anyone, only write to them.

Has anyone else had an issue like this? You'd think that if the case has been reviewed by someone then the decision would be correct so am I just delaying getting the £526 they are offering by writing to them or is there a good chance they are hoping I'd accept and not question it?

Any advice would be grately appreciated!
    • Post Points: 20