home
in

Ebay, Amazon or websites ?

Last post Fri, May 04 2012, 1:03 PM by SmithyJZ. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, May 04 2012, 1:03 PM

Re: Ebay, Amazon or websites ?

If you're looking to buy from this website, and it isn't a brand name you've heard of I'd do a bit of research around the name, so just Google the name of the website and see if any forums, blogs etc come up - if it's reputable you'll probably see a Facebook and Twitter page in the results. If it's not reputable you would expect people to have posted about the site in blog posts and forums, so you'll get these in your search results. Read these and this should give you any information you need on whether or not the website is reputable.
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Mon, Feb 27 2012, 11:01 PM

Re: Ebay, Amazon or websites ?

From the first two I would probably prefer Amazon to eBay if the price was the same. Assuming that the £17.99 site clearly gives the company's name, address and phone number and you can pay with a credit card, I would probably risk that.

An eBay seller with poor feedback or a website with no proper name and address would put me off. You need to assess each option on its merits. eBay is great if you want to, for example, to buy something large and used to collect in your area or if you want something that is hard to find in the shops but anyone with a computer can sell there so it would be wrong to generalise about sellers.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Sat, Feb 25 2012, 10:10 AM

Ebay, Amazon or websites ?

is it all about trust ? or protection ? where does buy confident come from ?

so i want to purchase an item lets just say a kids toy, i search online in Google first for the item i want, the search results bring back the product on Amazon and eBay and a random website,

it is £19.99 on eBay and amazon

but only £17.99 on random site am i better sticking with the big market places or would you buy from this smaller business ?

or is it worth risking the saving ? what signs do i need to look for that the site can be trusted ?

• Post Points: 35