home
in

DVLA lost my license/counterpart?

Last post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 1:09 PM by n3mo. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, Sep 07 2011, 1:09 PM

Re: DVLA lost my license/counterpart?

Why not just pick up the phone and speak to the DVLA citing your concerns/issues?
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, Sep 06 2011, 10:57 PM

I've just tried that, I'm given the following:

Finish

Sorry...

You are not eligible to apply for this service.

You can select a different service from the driver licensing online homepage.

Please use the link below to return to the motoring home page.

:s

• Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, Sep 06 2011, 4:31 PM

Why not just report your licence as misplaced/lost and apply for a replacement?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_4022085

• Post Points: 20
  •  Tue, Sep 06 2011, 2:02 PM

DVLA lost my license/counterpart?

Hi all.

This may sound a bit insane, but I'll start from the beginning. In 2008, I was pulled over by the police for overtaking a bus which had parked to one side to drop off passengers. The police basically lied and sent me to court for driving without due care and attention.

I, knowing they had video footage, which they showed, was fine with this, as the footage showed that I was not causing any offense that would hold up in court - everyone overtakes busses.

The their witness statements (written over 3 months later) were riddled with lies, saying I caused oncomming traffic to swerve onto a curb. There was no oncomming traffic.

Anyhow, in the trial, somehow the video footage "was accidentally destroyed" and not available for viewing. As such, things fell apart for me and the judge decided to go by the word of the police and threw me a fine of over £700 including costs. Most owned.

Having been quite sure that the video footage would have acquitted me of any wrong doing, I didnt have my counterpart with me. As such I was requested to post it, which I did.

I forgot all about it after that. Due to that, lost my job, and alsorts. Now, I'm getting back onto my feet. I've just bought a car, and went to get it insured. It turns out that there's something wrong with my license.

Looked for it, but I couldnt find it, or the counterpart. Turns out I never got it back. Cos it was so long ago, I have no proof of postage left either. I've never to date received any notifications from the DVLA saying that there has been something wrong.

Do you guys have any idea what should I do or expect?

Thank you so much.

• Post Points: 35