home
in

declined several cards how can i get one now?

Last post Thu, Jan 24 2008, 8:38 AM by Horrorcops. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Thu, Jan 24 2008, 8:38 AM

Re: declined several cards how can i get one now?

After all the problems i haven't been able to get anymore credit so gave up applying about a month ago. I wasn't willing to apply for anything with large interest charges. Hopefully i can repair my credit by not trying to apply for a million cards and loans and by paying off my current credit card. And if i do really needs to money in the future then we shall see.
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Jan 23 2008, 11:43 PM

If declined for cc and loan look at OD but the rates are high. Some banks Natwest being one have screens which tell you what a customer can have on a cc or loan so instead of saying what you want ask what you can have and see what they say. Depends what advisor you get on the day if they will tell you or not.
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Wed, Jan 02 2008, 6:20 PM

Are you going shopping for january sales in america? This would be a good argument: you need less money than in the UK.
  •  Mon, Dec 31 2007, 5:48 AM

Dear Thunkpad

Thank you. I thought I was the only one that thought the now thoroughly discredited idea of saving was a good idea. Having said this I trust that MS and Horrorcops ‘don’t know where you live’.

To Horrorcops I say have you had a go on the MS credit card smart search which leaves ‘no footprint’? And well done on being a positive thinker – “I am going to America and need extra credit”. Not a namby pamby “If I can get enough cash together I’ll go to America”. And remember when you get back IVAs, should you be thinking of one, are not the panacea they seem.

Have a brilliant holiday!

•  Mon, Dec 31 2007, 1:15 AM

veloxuk:
    Horrorcops:

I am going to america and need extra credit .Ok so i have just got my first credit card throught the same bank as i have my current account. My current limit is only £1200 which is not enought. I have already tried to apply for 2 other cards and 2 loans aswell and declined which has probabaly messed up my credit already.

I have no previouse credit history. Is my only option now a card with very high interest?

I am looking for another card that can give me a limit of £1500 for a short period and that will accept me.

Dont get me wrong, but the way I read your post is that you really are heading to max all of your credit out and really end up one way once you have it. That is not been able to afford to repay . Your classed as a very high risk a large amount of credit all at the same time

As mentioned above, setting out to get extra credit to probably spend anyway and then possibly not be able to pay it off is always dangerous.

However, if you really feel this is the only option, look to capital one for their cridit builder card. Be warned though that the interest rates are about 29%APR, which stacks up to huge payments
  •  Sun, Dec 30 2007, 11:28 PM

Horrorcops:

I am going to america and need extra credit .Ok so i have just got my first credit card throught the same bank as i have my current account. My current limit is only £1200 which is not enought. I have already tried to apply for 2 other cards and 2 loans aswell and declined which has probabaly messed up my credit already.

I have no previouse credit history. Is my only option now a card with very high interest?

I am looking for another card that can give me a limit of £1500 for a short period and that will accept me.

Dont get me wrong, but the way I read your post is that you really are heading to max all of your credit out and really end up one way once you have it. That is not been able to afford to repay . Your classed as a very high risk a large amount of credit all at the same time

•  Fri, Nov 30 2007, 1:54 AM

Depending how much time you have there is another option - save the money yourself. Get an extra job, work extra shifts, do overtime. £1500 isn't an impossible amount to earn with a bit of extra graft. Remeber, loans aren't free money. The work you put in to saving up £1500 would be less than the work you'd need to put in to pay off £1500 of debt with interest.
    • Post Points: 35
  •  Mon, Nov 26 2007, 5:29 PM

I have already requested for my credit limit to be raised to £2500 that was declined and was advised to apply after 6 months.
    I also applied for a loan with my same bank and was declined also.
    I have an over draft of £300 which i have never used if i try to increase it may probabaly get declined too.
  •  Mon, Nov 26 2007, 2:54 PM

You are more likely to be successful asking for the existing credit limit to be raised. You should not tell them that you are planning a trip that you can't otherwise afford otherwise they might say "no". Most credit card companies will happily raise the limit on a card that has been used sensibly for a decent period.

The other alternative for a short term loan would be a bank overdraft.

With little credit history it is not surprising that you are finding credit hard to get. The banks will obviously feel more comfortable once you've used the facilities properly for a while. I think that you've done well to get a limit of £1200 straight away.

•  Mon, Nov 26 2007, 6:44 AM

declined several cards how can i get one now?

I am going to america and need extra credit .Ok so i have just got my first credit card throught the same bank as i have my current account. My current limit is only £1200 which is not enought. I have already tried to apply for 2 other cards and 2 loans aswell and declined which has probabaly messed up my credit already.

I am looking for another card that can give me a limit of £1500 for a short period and that will accept me.  

• Post Points: 65