home
in

Currys Whatever Happens insurance policy

Last post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 5:02 PM by Community. 55 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (56 items)   1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, Mar 19 2008, 5:02 PM

Re: Currys Whatever Happens insurance policy

Hi all,

I'm afraid that - once again - we've had to remove some posts from this thread as the debate was veering off-topic and becoming personal and inflammatory.

Can I remind all members to ensure that they have read and fully understand the moneysupermarket.com User Community Standards and Terms of Service
    before posting.

In particular, can I draw to your attention the following:

"You agree not to do any of the following actions whilst using the CFA:-

To harass, threaten, embarrass, or cause distress, or discomfort, to another participant, user, or other individual or entity;

To transmit or publish via the CFA any information or other data or materials ("Content") that can be considered to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; [...]

Any posting which violates these community terms of service will be removed and moneysupermarket.com reserves the right to close the accounts of any persistent violators of these terms of service. moneysupermarket.com will edit or remove any posting which contains any phone number or email address."

So basically: Be nice.

You can chat and discuss a variety of topics on these forums without getting personal, abusive or threatening.

Many thanks for your co-operation.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Sun, Mar 16 2008, 11:25 PM

my name is alex and im a store manager for currys. just to clarify a few things from our point of you. by the sounds of it yes on this occassion the service recieved was poor . if a whatever happens policy is taken out it will GUARENTEE you a replacment after 21 days of being taken away for repair. samsung should not need to be contacted in this instance because it is under our own warenty. the problem is that people think you are entitled to your money back after 28 days because it is under warente. this is not the case. you are entitled to a repair under manufactures warenty. if there are problems or this has still not been sorted out at the time of writing this my contact details are XXXX Moderator - email address removed, in line with MS terms of service, allowed in profiles only please. if you pass on your details i shall endevor to sort this out. thankyou alex powell
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Fri, Mar 07 2008, 10:24 PM

Lol was funny though.

I don't get it, how can R/M expect to yano get E/P figures when NeverNever is always around! haha true!/

Haha, nah the best one I had was a guy came in and was either stoned, *** or maybe both and you remember the EISystems at Christmas at £329, 512mbRam, oh god, laughing thinking about it - comes in and grabs me "Listen mate I want that there, but I only have £250 on me.. any chance you can do me that for £250,.. go on mate you can,.. yeh go on mate" I was like "erm... hmm... NO" his face was classic... starts getting all roudy I was like erm... yeh stop swearing or get out... bye bye then.

Yeh it's a good deal Core 2 Duo, 2Gb RAM, and 200GB HDD... I like the Compaq at £479 thats nice ,... smaller harddrive though.

You getting the Macbook air?
    I hate Dells!

•  Fri, Mar 07 2008, 10:15 PM

Well considering... that's not bad being cut down from £67k - I honeslty can't remember how much we lost - was around last May we had ours!

Buy now pay Never-ever is always back! It goes away for a week or 2 and then it's back again... It's some some of the rashes on here! ;)

The best one I've had was it was £0.30p cheaper on our website and they wanted it discounted down - Didn't have a problem with that really, just thought it was funny! Lol. Also had a customer saying he wanted me to discount £1 from his £109.95 fridge or he wasn't buying it atol! Gotta love them ones!

Yeah, I saw that deal aswell, good eh? Just in-time for the new Dells & Apple MacBooks! Hmmmmm!

•  Fri, Mar 07 2008, 10:05 PM

Lol oh yeh.... lol only ran at a loss of £20k though,... wasn't that bad - started at £67.5k

Hasn't been that bad haha,... Ugh Buy Now Pay Never is back!!! Yay lol.

Haha, I'll keep that in mind. We've got a gammy roof at times, doesn't flap but keeps leaking :(

Nah it's "This tin of beans has a dent in it,... go have a word with your gaffer see what he'll do off it,... it's cheaper on your website you know!" - :O Wow really?!?!?! I don't care :P

Well I took it out on my laptop Tosh A200-1AC Gutted paid £799,... the A200-1TA or TD I think [ Run T-Counter now ] is only £499!!! :O But did you get it in P9's pay slip, W.e.H for £1.99 a month on laptops. I was like - Hell yeh.

•  Fri, Mar 07 2008, 9:56 PM

A Store in Scotland!

Awch! 5am! Gotta love the early morning Audits eh? :P

Weathers been pretty bad recently up here, Been on Emergency lights at times with the roof flapping up and down!

Don't stand under the microwaves and you'll be fine! ;)

"Hey, what discount are you giving me on this tin of beans?"

Agreed, I've not used that yet - looking for a new place, with new contents, I'll defo be looking further into it!!

•  Fri, Mar 07 2008, 9:35 PM

The Unknown:

NominalSlayer, yeah I double checked that today in work! Cheers.

Just to quote your "Don't Get Done, Get Dom" - If any of you actually noticed, this is for small stores, not national stores worth millions!! Our policy is not an insurance policy! There is no excess, no premium oh and no dodgy cold-calling asking you to upgrade!

I myself have it on my Samsung 32M86 as I truely believe the service is excellant! Better safe than sorry, don't they say! :)

Store you work for? what size too?

2083 - £6Mil, Had the audit on Tuesday ugh that was fun,... work at 5am, - power cut, start audit 7am haha.

Yeh that guy is dodgy any way, He will haggle with anything,...

Haha pretty soon you'll see

"Today on 'Don't get Done, Get Dom', We get you your shopping half price" I mean seriously do you ask ASDA for money off your bread?!

Fact is W.e.H is worth the money in my eyes, everything in my house is covered, and W.E.H homeinsurance was nice to find out.

•  Fri, Mar 07 2008, 9:29 PM

NominalSlayer, yeah I double checked that today in work! Cheers.

Just to quote your "Don't Get Done, Get Dom" - If any of you actually noticed, this is for small stores, not national stores worth millions!! Our policy is not an insurance policy! There is no excess, no premium oh and no dodgy cold-calling asking you to upgrade!

I myself have it on my Samsung 32M86 as I truely believe the service is excellant! Better safe than sorry, don't they say! :)

•  Fri, Mar 07 2008, 7:07 PM

I have gotta admit this forum has alot of funny people on it... Seriously you guys don't have much else better to do than to slag off a good company.

Hell Landshark sounds like he'd make a boat out of paper.

Either way as a Currys employee I have to say to be honest I couldn't care less if a customer takes the Whatever Happens service agreement or not, however look at it this way... all these people on Television "Don't Get Done, Get Dom", for example, telling you it's a bad idea to get them,... do they personaly come around when your tumble dryer has gone faulty, no bottom line is, people buy from Currys, people will continue to buy from Currys, because no matter how many people dispute it Currys is a good company.

At the end of the day if for example you were to buy a brand new Samsung LE40R88 [40" tv] from Currys and in 3 months it were to stop working because you dropped it, wouldn't you rather know that you have Whatever Hapens cover on it for the sake of £2 a week in comparrison to going into store, being told by the customer service advisor that accidental damage isn't covered by the manufacture's policy,... and Oh wait your home insurance wants a hefty premium... hang on Whatever Hapens looks nicer now.

And just so you know "The Unknown" the 08445 61 62 63 is local rate :)

x x

• Post Points: 38
  •  Thu, Mar 06 2008, 10:12 PM

Many thanks for your help. It is all sorted now.

Thanks again.

•  Thu, Mar 06 2008, 7:07 PM

keyboardcapers

Watching TV last night it went off and came back up saying ‘Auto Install‘, I did a channel scan, then it came up with a DTV scanning, and after that a WARNING came up to say ‘No service found. Please try scanning again.

It may not be a fault at all with your TV. ?

It may be that you have mistakenly switched between the analogue tuner and the DTV digital broadcast side of your TV's tuner, try pressing the AV button repeatedly on your remote control, to see if you can get back to the normal analogue reception that you have already stored.

If you are not yet capable of receiving digital DVB transmissions in your area, then it will say say "no service found" as there is no signal available in your area for your TV to scan and receive by the digital tuner, usually incorporated within your TV.

Just a possibility...!!

•  Thu, Mar 06 2008, 6:47 PM

Phone back the helpline and ask for them to upfate you on the status as you haven't recieved a phone call yet. Go in store at the last resort as they will only phone the same number.

As far as im aware, its your standard network rate the phonecall costs, correct me if im wrong.

Remember to take names of whom you spoke to on the phone and the round-about time you spoke to them and the number you called to get through to them, just to cover yourself.

Update: Looks like someone bet me too it.

•  Thu, Mar 06 2008, 6:45 PM

keyboardcapers:

I bought an LCD TV from Curry’s at the end of December, and its now gone kaput. Watching TV last night it went off and came back up saying ‘Auto Install‘, I did a channel scan, then it came up with a DTV scanning, and after that a WARNING came up to say ‘No service found. Please try scanning again. I telephoned today on a 08445 national number that was on the receipt. It told me to press this, press that and after 8 minutes I spoke to a guy and was told that someone would phone me back within 30 minutes.

It’s now gone over 2 hours and I am still waiting. I am fuming because I dread to think how much the national phone number is going to cost me, and also, it looks as though I will now have to drive 10 miles to the shop.

Okay bit of warning for you... before you go driving ten miles to your nearest store make sure you take with you [to the store] the following:

Okay bit of warning for you... before you go driving ten miles to your nearest store make sure you take with you [to the store] the following:

* Reciept - So many people forget this (Helps us find your transaction quicker)

* Serial Number from the back of your TV Set (Without this TheTechGuys won't book a job)

* A smile, Be patient, just remember its the manufacture thats failed you - not the company, we will do all that we can to sort out YOUR issue, the last thing we need is to sit behind a counter trying to resolve YOUR issue when you're being abusive.

Oh and a good note the 08445 61 62 63 number is a local rate number.

That Light - It's SOOOOOOOO Bright - It's Currys 2083

•  Thu, Mar 06 2008, 1:15 PM

I bought an LCD TV from Curry’s at the end of December, and its now gone kaput. Watching TV last night it went off and came back up saying ‘Auto Install‘, I did a channel scan, then it came up with a DTV scanning, and after that a WARNING came up to say ‘No service found. Please try scanning again. I telephoned today on a 08445 national number that was on the receipt. It told me to press this, press that and after 8 minutes I spoke to a guy and was told that someone would phone me back within 30 minutes.

It’s now gone over 2 hours and I am still waiting. I am fuming because I dread to think how much the national phone number is going to cost me, and also, it looks as though I will now have to drive 10 miles to the shop.

• Post Points: 50
  •  Thu, Jan 31 2008, 4:40 PM

As no-one has commented on your specific legal rights I thought I should clarify.

There is no such thing as a 12month warranty in legal terms. This is the retailer stores POLICY.

The law states that a product must be fit for purpose, and function for a reasonable time. Also the length of time you as a consumer have to return the product also has to be within a reasonable time. The “28 days” commented here by employees of this store are NOT the law. Once against this is the stores policy. It means nothing.

A repair should be carried out within a reasonable period of time and without causing you significant inconvenience. Any repair should restore goods to a satisfactory condition. If this does not happen, you are entitled to a replacement or compensation. This could be a sum of money or the cost of hiring a temporary replacement, or perhaps the loan of a replacement.

A court recently found against Dixons for a faulty LCD TV that broke after 14 months and made Dixons pay out the full purchase price. You can use this as a guide for what is considered “reasonable”. Another example is if you bought some ski boots at the end of the season and cannot use them until he beginning for the next season then you are still entitled to a refund if found faulty.

This specific law you need to refer to is the Sale of Goods Act 1979

The government website http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/ gives some good advice about making complaints and redress action through the small claims court.

Smala01

Page 1 of 4 (56 items)   1 2 3 4 Next >