home
in

Current account for teenager?

Last post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 11:25 AM by absentfriend. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, Apr 18 2007, 11:25 AM

Re: Current account for teenager?

My almost fourteen year old uses RBS.

I don't like them (used to work for NatWest) but, I must confess, they have given her a good and appropriate product which alters as she gets older.

Cat

• Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Apr 18 2007, 9:10 AM

my son is also 15 soon and he just opened a current account of his own with lloyds tsb, which gives him access to his own money to a limit  per day and has a cashline card but not with chip and pin so he cant go overboard with his money and he can add and take out when he is with his mates down the town etc. 
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Tue, Apr 17 2007, 8:25 AM

Hi

My daughter is 15 and has opened a Nat West Account.   This enables her to deposit funds and withdraw them either over the counter or via a cash machine and for me to deposit funds via an on-line transfer.  

However, it is not a current account and does not have a switch facility which, at 15, is no bad thing in my opinion.

Hope that helps

•  Fri, Apr 13 2007, 11:57 AM

Have a word with LloydsTSB who seem to have this market well thought out.

SHARK!

•  Thu, Apr 12 2007, 11:43 PM

Current account for teenager?

Hi All

My son is 15 this year and I think it is about time he had a bank account, rather than he keep sticking knives into his money box to extract silver!

Can anyone recommend a current account for him, he just needs to be able to put his pocket money in etc and take out when he nips into town with friends, that sort of thing?

Thanks in advance.

• Post Points: 50