home
in

credit cards for self employed

Last post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 12:27 AM by joeburns. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Thu, Jun 14 2007, 12:27 AM

Re: credit cards for self employed

I think getting a credit card yourself without any proven or reliable income will be difficult. You might get the card but I feel the credit limit they will offer would be very low (maybe £500 like a student credit card). So this would mean getting a lot of cards to cover your £8000. Then you won't be able to move them to keep 0% as you will have been issued all the different cards.

Have you got a partner or relative who would be willing to get you a card in their name? Preferably somebody who is low risk on high income to increase chances of getting a good limit. I had a £4000 credit limit with Virgin on 0% for 12 months.

What interest rate are you paying on the loan?

• Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Jun 13 2007, 3:58 PM

credit cards for self employed

Hello, I recently got a £8000 career development loan and will have to start making repayments in a couple of months. I have just finished a course and will be going self employed. I was thinking of transfering my loan onto a 0% balance transfer on  a credit card but i dont have a job yet. Is there a card or a way that you could recommend that i could do this.

My idea is to pay off my CDL straight away using a credit card (or several over some years) and thereby reduce my payments by avoiding the interest.can you recommend a card?

• Post Points: 20