home
in

Credit Card perks?

Last post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 9:29 PM by maxsteam. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, Apr 11 2012, 9:29 PM

Re: Credit Card perks?

My opinion is that a £10 voucher for spending £500 with one retailer isn't anything to get excited about. It's not hard to save £10 out of £500 just by occasionally shopping around. I also feel that customer care is worth considering as the £10 voucher isn't much compensation if you get told "tough luck" whenever you queery a transaction.
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Apr 11 2012, 8:30 PM

Credit Card perks?

Hello guys.

I am looking to apply for a credit card for the first time in my life. I am not a heavy spender and the main reasons for getting a credit card is for improving the credit score and for the rewards (points, cashback etc.). I have done a little bit of research and in my opinion a suitable credit card for me is the Amazon card that gives 2 points per pound for Amazon purchases and 1 point per pound for any other purchases. 1000 points equal £10 Amazon voucher. For cashback I found the American Express with 1.25% when all the other increased cashback rates are gone; however with this one there is an annual £24 fee and since I am not a heavy spender it does not really worth for me.

I am looking forward to hear from you if you know anything better than this; however what I am truly looking for is a credit card that is offering mobile phone insurance for free. Do you know any???

Many thanks.
    • Post Points: 20