home
in

Cooling Off Period for Mobile Phone Contracts

Last post Wed, May 21 2008, 4:05 PM by justbusiness. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, May 21 2008, 4:05 PM

Re: Cooling Off Period for Mobile Phone Contracts

Hello markyle

You should be eligible to return the phone within 14 days of the contract being signed; that's pretty much industry standard. If not they should of told you when signing and as stated before it should be visible on you contract. Do remember when returning the phone it must be in a 'resalable condition' i.e., not scratched and anything else in the deal will all have to be returned.

You need to return it before the 14th day as signing is day 1.

Hope that helps

• Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, May 20 2008, 9:31 PM

Re: Cooling Off Period for Mobile Phone Contracts

As you bought in-store, you wont be covered by distance selling regulations. CarPhoneWarehouse do offer a 14 day return option on some products though but you'd need to check to see if this was offered on your phone.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, May 20 2008, 8:41 PM

Cooling Off Period for Mobile Phone Contracts

I purchased my new mobile contract from the Carphone Warehouse, want to cancel the contract (contract signed on 9th May) where do I stand? is there a cooling off period for contract phones pruchased and signed for in a store. I know that there is a 7 working day cooling off period for contracts taken out on the net or over the phone but where do I stand when signing a contract in a shop?
    • Post Points: 35