home
in

Contract Hire Insurance

Last post Fri, Jun 29 2007, 9:47 AM by Peter Gerrard. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Jun 29 2007, 9:47 AM

Re: Contract Hire Insurance

sahjo:I am wishing to purchase my first car on a personnal contract hire on a VW Polo for 3 years.  I have been told that contract hire does include insurance on the vehicle however when I am enquirying to companies about inclusve insurance cover they have been informing me I have to organise it myself.  Can you please inform me what the situation is regards insurance on contract hire and if it is not included are there companies that specifically deal with contract hire insurance?   

Hi Sahjo

I have my own car on a similar scheme and have managed to get insurance as normal just by using the finder on the site here.

You should have no problem doing similar.

Kind Regards
    Peter
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Fri, Jun 22 2007, 8:54 PM

Re: Contract Hire Insurance

sahjo:I am wishing to purchase my first car on a personnal contract hire on a VW Polo for 3 years.  I have been told that contract hire does include insurance on the vehicle however when I am enquirying to companies about inclusve insurance cover they have been informing me I have to organise it myself.  Can you please inform me what the situation is regards insurance on contract hire and if it is not included are there companies that specifically deal with contract hire insurance?   

Hi Sahjo,

Some will offer this kind of insurance. However, you've got to enquire about any excess (usually high unless you pay more for the contract hire) and also what it covers. Generally it is better to get it yourself as this will tend to lower the contract hire price if they don't have to include this. Also, the excess will be lower and more coverage.

Best thing to do is search on this MoneySupermarket for cheapest rates then call the insurer or broker that comes up. They will enter this into the system as "Veh Lsg Co" (Vehicle Leasing Company) and yourself as the registered keeper. It does work out a little more expensive but probably less for you in the long run.

Good luck.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Fri, Jun 22 2007, 12:32 PM

Contract Hire Insurance

I am wishing to purchase my first car on a personnal contract hire on a VW Polo for 3 years.  I have been told that contract hire does include insurance on the vehicle however when I am enquirying to companies about inclusve insurance cover they have been informing me I have to organise it myself.  Can you please inform me what the situation is regards insurance on contract hire and if it is not included are there companies that specifically deal with contract hire insurance?   
    • Post Points: 35