content insurance for 6 months only

Last post Tue, Feb 28 2012, 11:45 PM by recycled stardust. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Tue, Feb 28 2012, 11:45 PM

    Re: content insurance for 6 months only

    I also needed an answer to this same query. I've been unable to find companies offering short term insurance.

    Currently my house is up for sale, and hoping to sell it soon, but nothing is for sure in the current market. Home insurance is about to expire. However, if I take out a year's buildings and contents insurance, then fail to find another property within the year do I lose the whole amount or is it possible to suspend the policy and transfer it to another property at a later date. I just don't want to spend hundreds of pounds on a yearly policy which I may only use for a few months.

    Please can anyone recommend a company who may be able to give short term house insurance. Thanks

    • Post Points: 5
  •  Sat, Feb 18 2012, 3:01 PM

    Re: content insurance for 6 months only

    If you are moving to another address after the 6 months is up, you can always transfer the policy, if you have an annual policy. This obviously is subject to Insurers underwriting terms and conditions.

    Contact a local Insurance broker and explain what you are looking for. If they don't have policies for 6 months, perhaps they can recommend one, that you can cancel after 6 months, without too much of a cancellation penalty.

    • Post Points: 20
  •  Sat, Feb 18 2012, 12:41 PM

    content insurance for 6 months only

    Where can i buy content insurance for 6 months only. I've moved into a rented apartment for 6 months and don't want to pay for the 12 months. All the companies I've phoned so far are 6 months.
    • Post Points: 20