home
in

Cater Allen - credit disappeared from statement

Last post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 3:58 PM by psychocandy1. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, Mar 21 2012, 3:58 PM

Re: Cater Allen - credit disappeared from statement

Its a euro account. It appeared in my account on 16/2. Two days later I withdrew it (transferred somewhere else). 14 days later I printed out the statement (still there then).

Checked online statement today and there is no record of credit on 16/2. Withdrawal of it on 18/2 caused me to go almost 9000E overdrawn. Its as if the credit never existed - no reversal entry or anything.

So, yes, I'm 8844E out of pocket at the moment....

Luckily, I've got a receipt from company that paid the money in on 16/2 and can prove it was paid in. They have not rejected or reversed the payment.

Funnily enough, recieved another payment today (slightly different amount) from customer for this month. Actually, twice, even though they say they only paid once. Still a bit out pocket but I'm wondering if someone at bank has been fiddling around and trying to fix!

Well dodgy indeed....

Will be closing my account after this.

• Post Points: 20
  •  Wed, Mar 21 2012, 3:33 PM

Re: Cater Allen - credit disappeared from statement

psychocandy1:

Can I ask my customer to provide proof that the transfer was made to me on 16/2?

Yes. All transactions can be traced but you often need the cooperation of the other person.

It's possible that the 16/2 transaction was rejected or reversed and then redone at a later date with exchange rate changes causing the difference. Your next step is to have a chat with the customer but, if you received the money, the issue isn't serious.

•  Wed, Mar 21 2012, 11:49 AM

Cater Allen - credit disappeared from statement

Couldnt make this up!

Get paid euros into my euro business account once a month from my customer. Payment went in on 16/2 as usual. As usual, I transferred it out to another account to do the currency conversion.

As usual, I took a printout at the end of Feb to give to my accountant.

Just checked today (this months money) and the credit from 16/2 has disappeared totally! Strangely enough, theres 2x expected credit for today. (slightly different amount than last month) as if someone has attempted to bodge it.

Worse thing is, I phoned them and they're pretty much saying there was never a credit on the 16/2.

What can I do? All I have is a screen shot - Can I ask my customer to provide proof that the transfer was made to me on 16/2?