home
in

Carcraft NAC 4 year guarantee

Last post Tue, Jul 13 2010, 6:35 PM by rhodes. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (24 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Tue, Jul 13 2010, 6:35 PM

Re: Carcraft NAC 4 year guarantee

hi mate

i ended up winning my case and had the payments dropped and idont have to pay it anymore i will try and help you all i can

Note
    : email address removed to prevent spam. Please place your email address in your profile - which can be seen by clicking on your username. Please also read the moneysupermarket.com Content & Community Standards. To edit your profile, log-in in and go to the News & Community homepage and click on ‘Edit my community profile’ on the top right-hand side. Many thanks.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, Jul 13 2010, 3:50 PM

Hello, I just found your post on the web, I know it's been year and a half since you posted but I'm stuck with All in one finance and I'm paying over a year now. Is there any chance that I can cancel it? How did it go in your case?

Regards

Lucas

• Post Points: 20
  •  Sat, Dec 20 2008, 3:38 PM

Hi - Tell them if they insist, that you will make this unfair payment only "under protest," and a subsequent complaint about this unfair charge will be made to the insurance ombudsman at the FOS.

Have a written notice ready and get the garage to sign to this effect as a receipt...... make their signing a condition.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

They have the powers to reverse the unfair charge levied and take action against the garage, you may find the garage change their minds over trying to make this charge once you mention this, finally agreeing to waive the charge altogether. !

•  Sat, Dec 20 2008, 3:28 PM

Is there any law or anything that i can take in writing to prove i don't have to pay it? As i have to go down there on monday to pay the £150 :(

•  Thu, Dec 18 2008, 5:30 PM

Thought they would soon change their mind on the APR if they suspected the sale of the car was in jeopardy, they've just confimed my thoughts.

The admin fee unless stated is not enforceable and even if they were entitled they would only be alowed to charge what is "reasonable"......a £150 fee that is not mentioned is neither enforceable or "reasonable" ...a £25 admin fee would be reasonable. Also you are cancelling within your cooling off period so they should waive any charges altogether.

•  Thu, Dec 18 2008, 5:21 PM

The car isn't really a problem anymore, they are not threatening me with higher apr, and i really like the car anyway... the only problems i have now is 1. The GAP (apparently) has to be cancelled as well, as its on the same finance agreement, but i only found this out AFTER i had wrote and sent the letters off, so theres nothing on them about cancelling the gap. The other problem i have is this £150. I went up to see my sister/brother in law last night with my documents and the thinks i will have to pay it, as its an admin fee which SHOULD be charged when i take it out, but apparently it is in with my finance payments. He thinks that they will make me pay that on cancellation. BUT having read through, it doesn't actually say that i will have to pay it on cancellation, and nothing about any cancellation fee...so the way i see it, surely if it is not in writing, they cannot make me pay it?!

•  Wed, Dec 17 2008, 6:23 PM

Don't worry about being stuck with unwanted agreements, as long as you have got the cancellation notices to them before the 14 day cooling off, there is no way that they could legally enforce you to pay for them...The day they receive them they become legally terminated bits of unenforceable paper.....So far you've done everything correctly.!

The next decision if you want to keep the car, is to be assertive, even take your brother in law and tell them point blank unless they honour the finance agreement as was originally signed and agreed, then you are going to cancel the finance agreement as per your legal right by written notice in the same correct manner as the NAC & GAP were cancelled and hand the car back to them.

• Post Points: 50
  •  Wed, Dec 17 2008, 6:14 PM

I've sent 3 letters out: 1 to carcraft in newport, 1 to the head office in rochdale, and 1 to the finance company who the NAC is with (At a cost of £13.80! lol). Though i fear that i may have to do it all again tomorrow because the GAP is on the same finance agreement and i didnt mention that in the letters. Ideally i would like to keep the car as i really like it, im just sick to death with the hassle and i haven't even had it 2 weeks yet!

Im getting extremely anxious now because my 14 days are up on saturday, and it seems we are nowhere nearer to sorting this and i think im going to be landed with this for the next 4 years :(

•  Wed, Dec 17 2008, 6:01 PM

The main thing at this stage is to make sure they have received the written cancellation notices within the 14 day cooling off period.......have you taken care of that firstly. ?.....after that the law will back you as long as you have sent the required cancellation(s) within the statutory period(s). !

You then have time to sort all the rest out afterwards.

Next -- Do you want to hand the car back and cancel regardless. ? .....if so hand the finance company a written cancellation notice as well, stating you wish to cancel the agreement within the 30 days as stated in the contract.

They have no right to charge a fee of £150 unless categorically stated, even at the most they would only be entitled to charge a pro-rata, Eleven or Twelve day, "time on cover".

I don't know how old you are Adam, but it seems to me Carcraft are taking advantage and trying to treat you like a plonker. !

• Post Points: 50
  •  Wed, Dec 17 2008, 5:47 PM

Ive had some more problems today! :(

First they tried telling me that there is a £150 cancellation charge on the GAP (which i checked through all the small print and it says nothing about, only that there is a 14 day cancellation period. They have tried saying exactly the same with the NAC guarantee, and having checked that, it also says nothing about any cancellation fee...it says that there is a £150 admin fee for taking out the policy which is included in the monthly payments, but absolutely nothing about a cancellation fee. I have then been told that yes there is a 14 day cooling off period on each, but i cant cancel the agreement (but surely if i cancel each, then there is nothing on the agreement...or what is the point in there being a cooling off period if i cant cancel because of the agreement?)

The front page of the NAC/GAP finance says i have no right to cancel...yet the NAC application form says i have 14 days and the GAP form says i have 30 days. The only problem i have is this agreement, and wether i legally have to pay this £150

Also i have been told i cannot return the car to them. The front cover of the car finance agreement says i have no right to cancel, yet overleaf in the conditions it says i have 30 days to cancel it. So surely if i can cancel the vehicle finance i can take the car back to them?

Thank you so much, im tearing my hair out!

Adam

•  Wed, Dec 17 2008, 12:49 AM

Yea thats a good point!

I've printed off 3 copies, sent one to the head office in rochdale, one to my local carcraft and one to the finance company..fingers crossed!

•  Tue, Dec 16 2008, 11:09 PM

Adam -- For the small cost involved and your total protection, send them both a copy of the letter expressing your desire to cancel the NAC warranty within the cooling off period....believe me if it's not Iron-clad, they will try to wriggle out somehow....you may think it's overkill, but I am only looking after your interests.

Keep your proof of posting slips, they act as proof they received the leters and the date and signature will be held on record, should you need to refer to it at a later date.

•  Tue, Dec 16 2008, 11:04 PM

The letter is all written out, just trying to find the right address now! I've printed copies of everything with dates, so if they dispute that i was out of the cooling off period, i have proof that i was within my rights. Im not sure if theres much point in sending a letter to the finance company. They were the first people i contacted, and told me that unfortunately it has to be done through carcraft
  •  Tue, Dec 16 2008, 10:49 PM

Adam -- Yes that's a fine letter of enquiry to the sales at Carcraft, they also cannot cancel your contract with barclaycard...that is an agreement seperate to the NAC warranty.

But most importantly get that letter of cancellation about the NAC warranty into the finance company by special guaranteed delivery, time is running out and your deadline expires at the weekend. !.... send it tomorrow.

This whole thing is a farce, NAC belong to Carcraft and those useless warranties are very lucrative, obviously they don't want you to cancel and are trying to delay you in the hope you will not cancel, or at least not until it's too late. !

You can buy a seperate car warranty independently if you require, much-much, cheaper and one that actually pays out if you have problems with the car.

•  Tue, Dec 16 2008, 10:37 PM

Update :)

I have wrote the letter out, just got to scan and print just to cover my own back before i put it in an envelope. I have also wrote an email to the F&I Advisor who dealt with me at carcraft, and was wondering if you thought it sounded ok?

Hi BenI had already written a letter of cancellation of the NAC to carcraft before I spoke to you earlier on. My brother in law who is a financial advisor spoke to me earlier and he couldn't understand why me cancelling the NAC contract with All in One finance would also cancel the Car finance with Barclaycard as they are separate contracts. He also couldn't understand why me cancelling the separate contract with All in One Finance, would put my apr. up with Barclaycard as the companies are separate and cancellation with one should have no bearing on the other. I wonder if you can give me some more information on this as i do not want to have to return the car, but I don't see why I have to pay a higher apr. on the car finance, for cancelling a product with another company and therefore I may be forced into bringing the car back.Thanks in advance for your helpAdam BridgemanThanks for your comments :)
Page 1 of 2 (24 items)   1 2 Next >