home
in

CAR INSURANCE - TRUST N0-ONE - NAME AND SHAME

Last post Wed, Dec 12 2012, 9:48 AM by Barryjag. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, Dec 12 2012, 9:48 AM

Re: CAR INSURANCE - TRUST N0-ONE - NAME AND SHAME

Thanks for that exterminater.

As it happens, Drive Assist have now called the Administrators in - so I will have to wait and see what happens next.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Mon, Dec 10 2012, 8:51 PM

Re: CAR INSURANCE - TRUST N0-ONE - NAME AND SHAME

• Post Points: 20
  •  Mon, Dec 10 2012, 7:36 PM

CAR INSURANCE - TRUST N0-ONE - NAME AND SHAME

You buy your car insurance from a reputable named company like I did with The Post Office.

Had a no fault accident - Post Office put me straight onto Drive Assist - two and a half months later Drive assist inform me to hand the claim back to my own insurance company because they couldnt get the third party insurers to pay for my car which was written off by Drive Assist.

Phoned The Post Office insurance as instructed by Drive Assist - to be told Post Office Insurance cannot do anything because they are only brokers and I need to talk to the Insurance underwritiers. Underwriters (Ageas) told me to phone Drive Assist again and ask them to send all the paperwork to them so that they can look into the claim.

Two and a half months after the accident - it all starts again and I still keep paying HP on a car that was written off.

Why on earth are we paying higher premiums each year to keep our cars legal on the road - when there are people who we trust - such as the Post Office - who are ripping us off at every chance.

I covered Drive Assist on the Drive Assist thread - but avoid them like the plague - complete con.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/community/forums/t/drive-assist-need-to-be-stopped-21411.aspx

• Post Points: 20