home
in

can you get a new car on finance with a provisional licence

Last post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 9:00 PM by imac. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Mon, Apr 28 2008, 9:00 PM

Re: can you get a new car on finance with a provisional licence

well you cant get a car on finance with a provisional if the finance is based on the car ie, not a bank loan.the finance company providing the finance for the car will require you to have a full driving license and comprehensive insurance, these are the some of the basic conditions of agreeing finance and the above will have to be produced before you can take the car as the are copied and faxed to the finance company as proof.

also new car dealers require you to provide proof of insurance before you drive of in your new car as they are now audited by the DVLA probably in lieu of the upcoming law later this year, that if you're vehicle isn't insured you must notify the DVLA by submitting a SORN notification, same procedure as the tax.
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Mon, Apr 14 2008, 5:40 PM

Thank you kindly
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Mon, Apr 14 2008, 4:59 PM

You can buy a car without having any license at all.

There is no requirement for the purchaser to be in possession of any driving license, let alone a Provisional or Full UK. The only time your license status will affect the purchase is when you want to actually insure it drive on the road.

•  Mon, Apr 14 2008, 4:49 PM

can you get a new car on finance with a provisional licence

I've just been posted in london for a new job and would need to travel to work, am currently waiting to do my driving test date. is it possible to by a car on my provisional driving licence. Thanks in advance.