home
in

Can I have more than 1 ISA?

Last post Fri, May 02 2008, 9:35 PM by forumfan. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, May 02 2008, 9:35 PM

Re: Can I have more than 1 ISA?

Backdate ISAs? I'd love to have one for every year of my life!
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Fri, May 02 2008, 8:56 PM

Backdate? As in, Mr/Mrs Bank Manager, can you pretend this money I'm about to give you today has been sitting in your bank since 1999 and can you add on all the interest it would have accrued? No.

And no, you can't backdate or accumulate just the capital of the missed deposits either.
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Fri, May 02 2008, 5:59 PM

is it possible to backdate cash isa's ,as I have never used them??
    • Post Points: 35
  •  Thu, May 01 2008, 6:11 PM

No, you can only invest in one* ISA in each financial year but you can still keep the ISAs from previous years from different banks - you do not have to transfer them!

See http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/isa/faqs.htm
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Thu, May 01 2008, 5:52 PM

sorry but i dont think you can have more than one ISA you have to give your national insurance number when you open one and that is how they check what you have as it is tax free (am not an expert only a saver!)
  •  Thu, May 01 2008, 5:44 PM

Can I have more than 1 ISA?

Hi
    I have had an ISA for the last few years and have always paid in the full allowance. What I'd like to know is, can I open another ISA with another provider and pay in the full allowance...ie £3,600 in one and another £3,600 in the other..

Assuming that this is correct, can I then open a new ISA each year and invest £3,600 in each one, each year?

I was always under the impression that an individual could only hold ONE ISA at any one time...?

Thanks in advance

Andy