Hi, this is my first post so apologies if this subject has been covered - although I struggled to find relevant posts, so...
Here are the facts:
1) I live in a property owned by my father - therefore it is not in my name and I can't remortgage it - I pay rent of £500pcm
2) I own a property which I rent out - there is a £70K buy to let mortgage on it - payments are £500pcm / rent is £700pcm.
3) I want to borrow approx €150K to buy a holiday let in France.
Here are the questions:
1) Should I approach a french bank for a buy to let mortgage?
2) Would any UK provider lend me money based on the above? (remortgaging a property where not resident seems impossible - particularly in the current climate)
Any insights gratefully received - Thanks