home
in

Building Insurance and Tesco thro Moneysupermarket

Last post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 9:47 PM by maxsteam. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Thu, Apr 05 2012, 9:47 PM

Re: Building Insurance and Tesco thro Moneysupermarket

I believe that MoneySupermarket send the same information to a number of insurers and then the insurers provide the quotes. I thought it was understood that each quote should stay available for a while after its been quoted.

Having shopped at Tesco, my guess is that any sillyness is coming from there.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:10 PM

Building Insurance and Tesco thro Moneysupermarket

I needed a quote for building insurance for a house we are buying. I chose tesco value last week of march and parked the quote until completion today 9th April. The quote was £89 and the second lowest in the list. I received a reminder from your site with quotes not sure if they were new or a repeat of the first time around however, the ref for the Tesco quote was different and showing at £79 but when clicked through the quote was £111. When I went back to my original quote ref the price had changed to £122. I dumped Tesco started again and ended up with Liverpool Victoria at £75.

What was the point getting the quote in advance? I think Tesco are not being straight forward or is it MoneySupermarket.com in cahoots with Partners/Suppliers??
    • Post Points: 20