home
in

Beware 10 monthcar insurance policies

Last post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 4:58 PM by Paul47423. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Thu, Feb 22 2007, 4:58 PM

Re: Beware 10 monthcar insurance policies

gsof04:Im insured with 'elephant' and have done the 10month bonus accelerator for the last four years or so. When i recieved my proof of no claims it says on it 'YEARS NO CLAIMS: 4' and not 40 months, needless to say i was chuffed.

Since my original 'blog' on this I've followed this forum and now it looks like I may have been wrong - Good! for everyone including me! as I will certainly look at the 'acclerater' 10 month period again next year thanks to everyone!

Regards Paul
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Thu, Feb 22 2007, 4:32 PM

Im insured with 'elephant' and have done the 10month bonus accelerator for the last four years or so. When i recieved my proof of no claims it says on it 'YEARS NO CLAIMS: 4' and not 40 months, needless to say i was chuffed.
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Sun, Jan 21 2007, 7:03 PM

Sounds like Broker bull to me. I used these 10 month policies to rebuild my NCB after a theft claim.

I have moved to a 12 month with another insurer and they said NCB from a 10 month is no problem.
    When you get your proof of no claims from these 10 month policies it doesnt say whether it was earned on a 10 month or 12 month.
    It does show the dates for your proposed renewal so all you do if you want to hide that you were quoted on a 10 month is ring up and get a requote for 12 months, once that has been processed ask for a new proof of no claims as you misplaced yours. Hey presto a NCB proof certificate that shows renewal dates covering a 12 month period. Seriously dont worry these are a good way of building up NCB pretty quickly. It worked for me.
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Wed, Jan 10 2007, 4:32 PM

I remember hearing about this - what a rip off.

I used a comparison site like this one to get my car insurance from Budget. I saved over £100. And, when I went to France on holiday, I discovered I had free european cover as well. I suggest everyone use the comparators here because I know that they really work. My hubby went on to save a lesser amount by using Budget too.

Ten month policies will seem like alifeline to those who need to avoid a credit agreement and pay up front, yet who have little money. Definitely one issue to watch!

Cat
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Jan 10 2007, 3:43 PM

Beware 10 monthcar insurance policies

Having been helped through this forum to obtain cheaper car insurance after a poor car insurance history I hope to pass on some useful info I received from a broker this afternoon.

Some car insurance companies are doing 10 month 'acclerator' type policies, the idea being that it will build up your no claims quicker. My broker says at the end of the 10 month period, claim free hopefully, you decide to go to another insurer that they won't accept the 10 month period so effectively you are 'signed into' insuring with the original company again. The premiums are obviously cheaper over the 10 month period especially paying in a lump sum. However I thought you may need to be wary. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Happy motoring Paul
    • Post Points: 35