home
in

Best Data Only 3G SIM Deal for Mobile Broadband?

Last post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 3:51 AM by maxsteam. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Mon, Feb 02 2015, 3:51 AM

Re: Best Data Only 3G SIM Deal for Mobile Broadband?

I'm not clicking on the link in the last post, just following up what I said a few years ago.

T-mobile still do a good mobile broadband deal. Not quite as good as before, but you can get a 6 month internet bundle for £20 or you can get the same bundle loaded onto a sim card for a pound or so more on eBay.

For a few devices in one house, the best deal will probably come if you have a local provider who will put a microwave aerial on your roof to run wifi inside. Here it's £99 for the aerial plus £15 per month for a huge 50GB per month or £22.50 for unlimited on a 30 day roiling contract. What's available varies from region to region.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Mon, Feb 02 2015, 3:26 AM

great article , thanks for sharing Sim 3g,
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Mon, Oct 01 2012, 1:24 AM

Have a look at the T-mobile site. They often offer sim cards with 12 months "free" internet but only for certain devices. I'm not yet sure what you need to do to get the sim cards to work in devices other than those in the current T-mobile promotion but you can let someone else do whatever is necessary and then buy the sim card on eBay for £15 - £20. Just search eBay for "12 months t-mobile" or something similar (occasionally the promotions are for 6 months). The "free" internet gives an unlimited allowance for browsing and emails but there's a ½Gb monthly limit for downloading films and music.

If you have a few devices requiring an internet connection in the same house, you should consider one internet connection and a wifi/mifi router. Many devices will actually work better if you put one mobile broadband dongle and mifi router high up near a window and then use wifi for everything. The T-mobile sim card mentioned above will do this for you in an unlocked dongle.

•  Mon, Oct 01 2012, 12:54 AM

Best Data Only 3G SIM Deal for Mobile Broadband?

Word to you, MoneySupermarket shoppers.

I'm wondering about your thoughts on the best 3G data only mobile broadband deal for Android tabs, iPads, USB Dongles, Mifis, PS Vitas etc?