home
in

Aucions

Last post Thu, Mar 22 2012, 2:47 PM by maxsteam. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Thu, Mar 22 2012, 2:47 PM

Re: Aucions

tomwakey:

Does anyone no about actions or the where abouts in yorkshire?

You need to pop into a newsagent on Saturday and buy yourself a copy of the Yorksire Post. The last page or two of the "Country Week" section will give you exactly the information that you want.

If you can't wait until Saturday, have a look in the yellow pages of a telephone directory for "Auctioneers" and phone round for details of sales.

Generally the same auctioneers will handle house clearances, stock liquidations, police items, etc..

Remember though, that if this turns into a business, you will need to inform HMC&E.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Thu, Mar 22 2012, 2:04 PM

Re: Aucions

If you place your hometown name followed by 'auctions' into Google, it will give you a list of local auctioneer establishments where household effects are sold where you can enquire further on the type and sale frequencies.

Quite often you will find that one of these holds the 'Sheriffs' licence which entitles them to dispose of items of unclaimed or Police recovered property.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Thu, Mar 22 2012, 1:40 PM

Good afternoon,

Since being let go from work on the 5th of march I have been looking for ways to save money, I have done the basics etc and now I have listed surpluss items on ebay to make a few £££.

I have had the thought of going to some auctions to help make some money until I get a job, But im struggling finding auctions such as police items, do they still have lost luggage auctions at airports etc. Does anyone no about actions or the where abouts in yorkshire?

• Post Points: 35