Argos Order Delay

Last post Fri, May 04 2012, 12:56 PM by SmithyJZ. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, May 04 2012, 12:56 PM

    Re: Argos Order Delay

    Completely understand your position - I had a similar situation a little while back with a free standing lamp that I really liked, but was left with the option of waiting months with no guarantee of the product at the end of it, or getting my money back. I opted for the money back, however, the people I dealt with were friendly, helpful and apologetic ...good customer service can go a long way!

    If I were you I'd be more frustrated at the poor customer service than the actual situation with the table (as sometime's these situations just can't be helped), so I'd be looking to speak to someone more senior about the way the situation has been handled (asking to speak to someone's supervisor usually works!)
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, Apr 24 2012, 11:15 PM

    Re: Argos Order Delay


    I just want to know if I have any other options than request a refund, or wait until Argos produce the table.

    What other option are you wanting? If the sum is large, you could ask for 4 months worth of interest on the money (at, say, 7% per year) but if they've been offering the refund option for a while, then it would not be reasonable to expect interest in my view.

    You need to decide whether you think that the table will ever turn up. In your shoes, I might give them another week then ask for a refund.

    • Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, Apr 24 2012, 3:10 PM

    Argos Order Delay

    I ordered a new table and chairs set in the January sales from Argos, and over the last couple of months the delivery date has been put back repeatedly. The most recent was today and when I contacted them asking for an update I was advised that the agent did not know when it would be available. The agent also advised that they could not exchange the item for one of equivalent value due to the "unique nature of the product". I think this is because we bought it in a sale.

    I asked about what they expect me to do, and the agent advised I "just have patience" as it was an issue with their suppliers and not themselves. The agent also advises that if I ask for my money back, Argos will consider the matter closed and they won't consider any gestures of goodwill, despite wasting my time for near four months.

    The agent kept stressing to me that "my case" would have more weight if I wrote in rather than talked over the phone. I just want to know if I have any other options than request a refund, or wait until Argos produce the table.
    • Post Points: 35