home
in

5 Working days and still no MAC key??

Last post Fri, Dec 10 2010, 7:15 PM by clark97. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Dec 10 2010, 7:15 PM

Re: 5 Working days and still no MAC key??

Orange record all calls when I phoned them they said just write in asking for a copy of the call and they will arrange it.

PS Still no mac code. Anyone still thinking of signing up to PlusNet after reading this deserves whatever they get.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Fri, Dec 10 2010, 8:00 AM

clark97:

... I've just phoned and apparently they have no record of a request ???? Fortunately the call was a 3 way hookup from orange which was recorded...

Perhaps you can prove from your phone bill that a call to Plusnet took place?

Regarding the "3 way hookup from Orange", that is a slightly strange non-standard way to obtain your MAC. I speculate that may have contributed to the "poor record keeping". In any event, while many ISPs provide a MAC during a phone call, that's not a regulatory requirement.

Plusnet operate a very good "ticket" system. In my experience any request made becomes a ticket. If that did not happen certainly something went wrong.

And according to the ads Plusnet call centre staff are all based in Sheffield, England.

• Post Points: 20
  •  Fri, Dec 10 2010, 7:18 AM

Frying pan and fire comes to mind ..............My personal experience with HORRANGE was horrendous and Plusnet have so far been infinitely better (2 years since I switched,still not 100% sure that HORRANGE billing issues are sorted!!)
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Thu, Dec 09 2010, 7:22 PM

Its Plus Net
  •  Thu, Dec 09 2010, 7:58 AM

What is the name of the ISP concerned ?
  •  Tue, Dec 07 2010, 8:17 PM

5 Working days and still no MAC key??

The level of customer service here seems non existant. Requested a mac code on 30.11.10 and still don't have it. I've just phoned and apparently they have no record of a request ???? Fortunately the call was a 3 way hookup from orange which was recorded. Looks like OFCOM can sort these muppets out.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR..... FIND A DECENT PROVIDER!

• Post Points: 35