home
in

1st Credit - Lloyds TSB Credit Card debt

Last post Wed, Jul 29 2009, 3:01 PM by basa48. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, Jul 29 2009, 3:01 PM

Re: 1st Credit - Llloyds TSB Credit Card debt

tsb:

I've lived overseas for a while so I didn't have a UK address to receive correspondence to, I only returned 18 months ago and have done nothing to contact the creditor so hence it has only just found me again at the new UK address.

The debt is a credit card debt.

I dispute the balance of the debt not that fact I owe it, I want to enter in to correspondence with the DCA but in doing so do not wish to acknoledge that I owe the full amount in question.

How would I discover if the debt has been sold or just collected by 1st Credit on behalf of Lloyds TSB?

OK write back to the DCA and head the letter 'I do not acknowledge any debt to your company'.

Refer to the demand you have received and ask them if the are acting on behalf of the original creditor (Lloyds) or has the debt been assigned (in which case you should request the deed of assignment or a letter from Lloyds confirming the assignment).

Also ask for a copy of the original signed agreement which proves the debt and a statement of the account showing charges and fees.

Mention that until you received proof that they have legal rights to the debt you are not obliged to offer any payment to the disputed account.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Jul 29 2009, 2:50 PM

Re: 1st Credit - Lloyds TSB Credit Card debt

I've lived overseas for a while so I didn't have a UK address to receive correspondence to, I only returned 18 months ago and have done nothing to contact the creditor so hence it has only just found me again at the new UK address.

The debt is a credit card debt.

I dispute the balance of the debt not that fact I owe it, I want to enter in to correspondence with the DCA but in doing so do not wish to acknoledge that I owe the full amount in question.

How would I discover if the debt has been sold or just collected by 1st Credit on behalf of Lloyds TSB?

• Post Points: 20
  •  Wed, Jul 29 2009, 2:32 PM

Re: 1st Credit - Llloyds TSB Credit Card debt

First off, how come you have made no payments for four years without previous collection activity?

Is this a loan or credit card debt?

The higher balance will be due to late payment charges and collection agency fees.

On what grounds do you think you can dispute the debt. You can dispute a debt and not acknowlege a debt to someone but you must have some reasonable grounds to do so.

It could be you have no choice who to deal with. The DCA may be simply act for and on behalf of Lloyds unless it has been sold to them, in which case Lloyds have no further interest in the debt.

•  Wed, Jul 29 2009, 1:50 PM

1st Credit - Lloyds TSB Credit Card debt

I've receieved a letter this morning from 1st Credit regarding a debt with Lloyds TSB Credit Card.

The balance owed is approx £5,300.

I last made a payment on the account in August 2005.

The balance sounds a lot higher than I believe it was, can I dispute the debt without acknowledging it is mine?

If I do genuinely owe this amount then I will pay it back, but would prefer to deal directly with Llloyds TSB to do so rather than a third party collection agency.

If so how should I do this?

Thanks