home
in

£20,000 to invest

Last post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 1:02 PM by Debs435. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, Oct 17 2007, 1:02 PM

Re: £20,000 to invest

Hi Graeme!

Thanks for the input - firstly we are looking for low risk, long term investment giving the best returns. Re the financial adviser,the website you gave wont help us much as we live in Spain! Savings and investment accounts here give lower returns than UK based ones though which is why we dont want to invest it here. I'll try the other link though for the financial team in this site.

Thanks again!

Debs

• Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Oct 17 2007, 12:13 PM

Re: £20,000 to invest

Debs,

I'm afraid I'm no investment expert, but I suspect they would all tell you the same thing: It's impossible to know exactly what to recommend and suggest because that will be based on your individual circumstances: how long you wish to invest for, what risk you are prepared to take and what outcome you are looking for.

However, I can recommend a couple of avenues to explore. You can enter your details through the investments guide on this website which can be found here. The moneysupermarket.com financial team may be able to help you narrow down exactly what you're looking for.

Another option would be to consult an Independent Financial Adviser. They can look at your circumstances and recommend an appropriate investment plan for your lump sum. You can find one in your area by looking at: www.unbiased.co.uk - It's run by the industry body responsible for promoting independent financial advice in the UK.

Hope that helps.

• Post Points: 20
  •  Tue, Oct 16 2007, 11:06 AM

£20,000 to invest

We have £20,000 to invest, long term and low risk, what do you suggest that will give the best return?
    • Post Points: 20