home
in

1 month car insurance

Last post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 3:20 PM by amirnazir. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Thu, Jul 26 2007, 3:20 PM

Re: 1 month car insurance

ecarinsurance.co.uk do 1 month policies,

Click on the Pay As You Go tab

Pay As You Go provides cover on a monthly basis for a monthly premium. You can purchase cover when you need it and switch it off when it is not required.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Sun, Jul 22 2007, 12:39 PM

Very unlikely DL will allow it for a new customer, as is the case for most companies - the first year is where they look to cover the setup costs, and hope you will stay with them in future years when they can start making the money.
  •  Sun, Jul 22 2007, 11:29 AM

Hi I had car insurance with Direct line and they allowed me to renew my policy for a monthly period - they will allow existing customers to do this for three months,  not sure about 1 off new monthly policies give them a ring

• Post Points: 20
  •  Fri, Jul 20 2007, 2:05 PM

Hi there

I was wondering if you had any luck with the car insurance....we are having the same problem, as we also leave the country and need exactly one more month of insurance! If you get this mail, please let me know what you did. It would be much appreciated.

Regards

Jenny

• Post Points: 20
  •  Tue, May 22 2007, 2:58 PM

I dont know of anyone - your best bet is to try a broker.

You might find however, that due to the fact that all the admin costs etc. would need to be built into the premium, that it is just as cheep to accept the £35 cancellation fee levied by your current insurer.

Dave

•  Tue, May 22 2007, 2:36 PM

1 month car insurance

The policy for my car insurance runs out on 3rd June. I am moving away from England for 2 years and will be selling my car but not until the end of June. My current insurers have told me that I cannot take out a 1 month policy with them, it has to be 12 months, even though I only pay my policy monthly and not yearly anyway. Not only would I have to take out a 12 month policy but they would also charge me £35.00 when I then cancel the policy at the end of June, which just seems completely unfair. Can anyone advise me of a company that would allow me to take out a short term insurance, if one actually exists?? Thanks very much.
    • Post Points: 50