home
in

02 mobile upgrades..... or NOT!!!

Last post Fri, Dec 04 2009, 3:06 PM by mrstella0. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Dec 04 2009, 3:06 PM

Re: 02 mobile upgrades..... or NOT!!!

What they really should have done is omit the "free" bit. Certainly, you will get some mobiles free on upgrade, however not all.

The way that your upgrade is calculated is based on

1) The contract value that you have

2) the amount you spend each month

This determines the overall credit you have when getting an upgrade. Bigger contract and value = better mobiles for free.

Unfortunately, what the "salesperson" said to you when you signed up is different to what will actually be on the contract. Unless you signed up via phone, then you will have a very difficult time proving that this was said to you.

It will state on your contract that upgrades are subject to pricing by O2. Caveat Emptor.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Fri, Dec 04 2009, 2:48 PM

02 mobile upgrades..... or NOT!!!

Hi all... Can you have a read below and give me some advice, or tell me if you have been in a similar situation..

I am at present on a 2 year contract with 02, which 1 year will be up next week. I was told when taking this contract out I would be entitled to free upgraded mobiles after 1 year.

I have rang o2 today to order the new upgrades, I had picked some phones, but I was informed I was only entitled to certain phones on free upgrade, when checking the phones available, I found they were cheap low spec phones. When taking out this contract I was told I would have free upgrades, upgrade to me means newer higher spec phones or certainly on par with my previous phones. I have been offered higher spec phones but I would have to pay alot of money to have these phones, which again was not made clear to me when I took out the contract.

I have spoken to customer services to day and a very helpful lady told me that this was because the price of everything to do with mobiles had increased therefore they could no longer offer the higher spec mobiles for free. I then asked to speak to a manager, who told me that they could not judge the present climate 12 months ago.

I think that it is unacceptable that you feel you can alter what was sold to me, because of the present climate, this is not my fault. I also believe a free upgrade should be just that, free and an upgrade from my old phone.

I asked that as o2 had not honoured the contract sold to me, then I would cancel the agreement, your manager basically told me I could cancel the contract, but my credit status would be affected.

I have been a customer of o2 for many years, I have always paid, and I find it unacceptable that o2 feel able to treat a customer the way I have been treated and misled.

• Post Points: 20