home
in

Admiral Car Insurance-AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

Last post Fri, Apr 06 2012, 10:20 PM by Ripped Off again. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Apr 06 2012, 10:20 PM

Re: Admiral Car Insurance-AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

Perhaps my post did not explain fully the situation. I did not renew with Admiral because I had renewed with another company and was always covered. What I did not realise was that Admiral assumed I was renewing and that they had cotinuous authority to do so and take money from my credit card. They in fact sent me a letter stating that the card to be used for automatic renewal had expired. Hence the reason I believed I did not have to do anything further as far as communicating with Admiral about cancelling my policy. Hence my extreme disappointment at having to pay £64 to cancel a policy that had not been renewed. I'm afraid I can give Admiral no credit whatsoever for this.
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Fri, Apr 06 2012, 6:18 PM

Re: Admiral Car Insurance-AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

How would you have addressed this subject if you had forgotten to renew or didn't do so in time and then had an accident for which you would not have the legal insurance?

Would you say, oh well silly me, what a scatter brain I am that I forgot to renew? or would you curse and bluster that your insurer left you high and dry with no insurance and no cover and now you are responsible for this that and the other claim.

For £64 you got off lightly compared to what could have happened. They left you legally insured and did not put you in a position of jeopordy...but it cost you £64.

But I also would not recommend that you use Admiral either.....cheap does not mean comprehensive cover....it just means less cost and generally less quality and protection. If they didnt have to pay for all that expesive televisuion advertising how much would their policies cost then, and if they cost that much less do you really think they can offer the same level of protection than some of the other less advertised companies?

• Post Points: 20
  •  Fri, Apr 06 2012, 4:55 PM

Admiral Car Insurance-AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

I recently did NOT renew car insurance with Admiral ( fortunately the card used for automatic renewal expired ) but this still counts as , according to Admiral, a cancellation for which they feel entitled to charge me £64-06 which is a whopping 29.6% of what my insurance premium would have been. Now they may in fact have me over a barrel due to small print in a policy booklet (which I'm not sure I ever received) but just how unfriendly and money grabbing can you get? I do NOT reccomend using Admiral Insurance
    • Post Points: 20