home
in

overdraft

Last post Sun, Mar 25 2012, 10:37 AM by Quiche50. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Sun, Mar 25 2012, 10:37 AM

Re: overdraft

thanks for that
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Fri, Mar 23 2012, 12:26 PM

Re: overdraft

Pay off the minimum to your 0% card and use the rest of your surplus cash to pay off the overdraft. If you're really serious about paying it off then get the limit reduced as you pay it off to avoid the temptation of increasing it again.

Start by having a hard look at your budget and try and find ways of making your surplus each month bigger - either through more income (ebay stuff or think about a second job or renting a room out) or reducing your expenditure (cut down on takeaways, nights out, make sure you're on the best utility deals etc).

•  Fri, Mar 23 2012, 11:42 AM

I would really like to clear my overdraft which is arranged with my bank, but trying to think of best way to do this. I have a 0% credit card at the moment with a balance transfer which i am reducing. I don't think i am able to transfer my overdraft amount to this. I could get a loan easily from my bank, but my thinking is that this will cost me more than the overdraft is costing me at the moment. I prob can just gradually reduce the overdraft but it will take some time. Any bright ideas ?