home
in

Credit Solutions Ltd

Last post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 1:01 PM by Bubbleicious. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, Apr 21 2010, 1:01 PM

Re: Credit Solutions Ltd

Cool. Thanks Huck. Will keep you posted as to developments.

x
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Apr 21 2010, 11:59 AM

Bubs

This hassle is only temporary and nothing different to what you have already experienced.

In a few weeks CCCS will have been in contact with CSL and the communications should stop.

If CSL do contact you, just give them the CCCS reference and authorise them to contact CCCS, as you currently under a debt management plan. Also advise them of the contact with Barclays CEO's office.

• Post Points: 20
  •  Wed, Apr 21 2010, 10:38 AM

Thanks Huckster

I don't know why I went to the Consumer Forum website, well actually I do, it's when I originally googled Credit Solutions Ltd, their threads came up.

Barclays' Chief Executive's assistant rang me at work yesterday. I'd left a message on his answerphone on Monday as I'd not received the response he said he would do by 8 April. He apologised about that. He then went on to explain why Barclays had not accepted the plan and yet Barclaycard did, it's because Barclaycard can take away the credit, but with a bank account there could still be cheques out there, sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me. He said he had spoken to Travis at CCCS and that the matter should now be sorted out and the payments accepted. I asked if he was aware that it had been sold to CSL and that I was getting daily phone calls from them now. He said this should stop once CCCS and CSL have corresponded. He asked if I would ever consider banking with Barclays again. I said a very firm NO and he said he was sorry to hear that. He said he would confirm our conversation in writing.

My only concern is I don't think CCCS will speak on the phone to CSL, it will be in writing and therefore take time and so in the meantime, CSL think they are not receiving any payments. When I spoke to CCCS and gave them the ref number, they said payments would resume on 25 April.

I'm still a bit worried :o(.
  •  Mon, Apr 19 2010, 2:37 PM

Bubs

If you can just forget about it and let CCCS deal with CSL.

Remember you have the law on your side. These DCA's have to behave in a certain way and if they don't then you can report them to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct.

Don't worry about them visiting your let property. This is not something DCA's will do until much later in the process and only if they are not receiving any payments or response. CCCS will have started to deal with CSL, before it would have got to that stage.

In regard to the various debt forums you have to be a bit careful when reading the various threads. Some are started by DCA employees with made up stories, saying how certain companies have operated in an underhand way. People with debt problems read these and this just worries them to the extent they enter into payments they cannot afford. My advice is to stop reading these and let the experts at CCCS handle DCA's. If you are contacted, just give them CCCS details and advise them they should not be contacting you.

•  Mon, Apr 19 2010, 2:16 PM

Thanks Huckster. However a little more concerned after reading a thread on consumer forums:

I'm worried because my place is rented out and I certainly do want them banging on that door causing embarrassment to me. I have spoken to CCCS and they tell me that one of my debts is on hold, Barclays no longer dealing and on looking further down his notes, he tells me that it has been sold to CSL. He actually said this is good news because the interest will now be frozen and just needed the reference number I had been given on the automated message from CSL which I promptly gave to him. I'm still worried about the comments though on the consumer forums. Although CCCS did say to me that from what perspective were these comments made, by people who were not paying anything towards their debts? or ignoring the problem? I suppose he has a point.

Note: This post has been moderated. Please ensure you read the moneysupermarket.com Content & Community Standards before posting. Thanks.

•  Sun, Apr 18 2010, 9:29 AM

Bubs

Yes ignore. Wait for a letter and then provide the CCCS details to them. If you talk to them, you will only get an over eager person trying to earn commision from harassing you.

•  Sun, Apr 18 2010, 12:19 AM

They managed to leave voicemail message. It was automated though. Gave a ref number. So still best thing is to ignore yes? I've switched voicemail off now.

•  Fri, Apr 16 2010, 3:40 PM

Bubs

Just wait until they write to you and then just reply with the CCCS details. It is up to CCCS to correspond with these people, as and when this is necessary.

This is just the set pattern for a DCA as you know. They attempt a few phone calls and then if they have no joy, they send the first letter.

There is no point speaking to them. What would this achieve? Not much in my opinion. They will be wanting you to pay something, as they get a commision for each payment they obtain. Don't forget if one of the creditors has sold or passed the debt on to them, they will not have much details. They probably won't be aware of the involvement of CCCS. Hence the reason to wait for the letter.

•  Fri, Apr 16 2010, 3:23 PM

I am in the habit of not answering numbers I do not know. Is it worth answering calls from these people?
  •  Fri, Apr 16 2010, 3:11 PM

My opinion is that, if it something important, they will write or phone again.
  •  Fri, Apr 16 2010, 3:05 PM

Credit Solutions Ltd

Hi

I've just had a missed call from 07837 053943. I googled it and they're listed under 'Telepest' and they are Credit Solutions Ltd. However when I went into Credit Solutions Ltd I find they are a Debt Collection Agency.

As most of you know I'm on a DMP with CCCS. Should I try calling this number or ignore? They haven't left a message. I got a missed call from another mobile number yesterday, but couldn't find anything about that number and have since deleted it. They didn't leave a message either.

Just a bit concerned because if one of my accounts has been changed to a DCA I need to inform CCCS to make the necessary changes to the payee.