Guide to Learning to Drive
It can be difficult to know where to start when you decide you want to learn to drive. There's just so much to think about and so many obstacles to overcome. But MoneySupermarket is here to help with our 6-step guide to learning to drive.
Before you even get the behind the wheel, you'll need to apply for a provisional driving licence, which costs £50. Then comes the hassle of finding the right driving instructor. Lessons generally cost between £22 and £25, but the cheapest instructor isn't always the best value for money.
What if you want to undertake private practice in a friend or parent's car to supplement your driving lessons? Did you know you'll only be able to do this if you are named driver on that person's car insurance policy? And car insurance for learner drivers doesn't come cheap. So take advantage of our tips to help you reduce the financial burden that this can cause.
You've got all of this to think about before you even consider your driving test. But we've got this covered as well, providing you with a breakdown of what to expect on the day of the exam itself...
Embed this Infographic on your site:
- 50 years of the Porsche 911
- Brits on the Go
- British GP Facts and Figures
- Cars of the Silver Screen
- Driving Distractions
- Euro Car Contest
- ECJ Car Insurance Impact Analysed
- Good Driver or Bad Driver?
- Grand Prix Driver of the Year
- Guide to Learning to Drive
- Here is what you could have won
- Mini Cooper: Old Vs. New
- MoneySupermarket.com Car of the Year
- Should I Go LPG?
- Snow need to panic
- The Cars That Won’t Die
- The cost of running your car on alternative fuels
- The Future of Motoring: Driverless Cars
- The UK’s Speeding Hotspots
- The UK’s Worst Drink & Drug Driving Offenders
- The Cost of Learning to Drive
- The Cost of Motoring over a Lifetime
- The Worldwide Cost of Fuel
- What If Every Car Was Electric?
- What’s Our Driving Passion?
- The World’s most expensive cars
- British GP Hero
†82% of shoppers obtained a quote in 5 minutes or less. Source eDigitalResearch December 2012.