TalkTalk to take over Tesco Broadband & Homephone
You may be aware that Tesco has sold its broadband business to TalkTalk.
This means that all Tesco Broadband customers will automatically be transferred to TalkTalk from Spring 2015, though specific transfer dates are yet to be released.
So if you are an existing Tesco Broadband customer, don’t panic. Here’s everything you need to know about the switchover; what it means, how things might change, and what to do next.
When will my broadband switch from Tesco Broadband & Homephone to TalkTalk?
Tesco has announced that the switchover will take place from Spring 2015, and that all accounts will be transferred to TalkTalk within one year.
Will my price change?
Because you have signed up to a contract, the price you pay for your Tesco Broadband will not change. Once the transition between Tesco Broadband and TalkTalk is complete, TalkTalk will be able to offer all customers new products and services, though you will be sent more information about this as and when it happens.
Can I cancel my contract with Tesco Broadband?
If you do not want to move to TalkTalk, please be aware that the terms of your original contract with Tesco Broadband & Homephone will still apply. As per your original agreement, you are free to leave your contract, though cancellation fees may occur.
Can I take out a new contract with Tesco Broadband & Homephone?
To avoid confusion, all new Tesco Broadband & Homephone deals have been removed from the listings on MoneySuperMarket. However, you can sign up for a new broadband contract with TalkTalk here.
How can I find out more information?
Tesco will be sending all of its customers a full description of the changeover and how it could affect you.
If you still need more information, please contact us on 0845 345 5708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is Tesco broadband ideal for?
Tesco Broadband is ideal for anyone looking to get real value and unique customer benefits which no other internet provider can offer. Offering fast speeds of up to 14Mb and a reliable broadband service, Tesco Broadband is perfect for anyone wanting to stream films, listen to music, order the shopping online and Skype with friends and family.
What do you need to get Tesco broadband?
- A BT phone line
- A modem or wireless router
- Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher and an Ethernet port for 'finest' broadband.
What else does Tesco broadband have to offer?
There are many great reasons to join Tesco Broadband & Homephone - not only do we offer all our customers great value, we add unique customer benefits which no other internet provider can!
Collect Clubcard Points Monthly
- If you have a Clubcard, you will be able to earn Clubcard points on every bill. The points will be awarded on a monthly basis to your Clubcard account and will be visible on your monthly bill and quarterly Clubcard statement making your service even more rewarding!
UK Call Centre
- With Tesco Broadband you’ll have the benefit of our UK call centre. Our friendly and knowledgeable team is on hand to talk to if you have any queries and we aim to deliver the best customer service for you.
Inclusive Wireless Router
- Tesco Broadband comes with a wireless router included. This router is already set up for you to connect and start using our network and will come with instructions of how to set it up (if you get stuck there is no need to worry our customer care team will be on hand to help guide you through).
Inclusive Call Features
- As part of your package some great call features come included - last caller identification (1471) and withhold number (141). You can also opt in to take voicemail (1571) at no extra cost.
- Tesco Broadband offers unlimited downloads so you you can get even more out of your broadband experience. Download your favourite movies, listen to music, order your shopping and check out Facebook without worrying about using up your data or any extra usage charges.